At this time tomorrow, we'll be at the hospital waiting on Charlotte to make her debut! Last night I watched the clock turn to midnight and immediately thought "I'm going to have my baby tomorrow!" Now, I'm watching the clock and wondering when my thoughts will change to "by this time tomorrow, we'll have a new baby!" Eeeek!
My bags are packed (mostly) and I have just a few things left on my to-do list, but I am so excited… even if everything doesn't get done! Just knowing that I'll get to hold our precious baby girl soon is thrilling. And knowing that our other girls are just as excited (or maybe more) makes me weepy! (Go figure.)
Mattie talks daily about Charlotte's birthday party and blowing out the candles for her (ha!) and Ella talks about how much she'll help me. They are ecstatic.
One thing that hit me late this past week was how amazing God is. Truly. This same week last year we had a miscarriage. Our world was rocked and it was hard. Almost exactly a year later, we have a blessing that will join our family. I'm still baffled when I think about the coincidence. But honestly, it's not coincidence. It's God and His perfect plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment