Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm still trying to adjust to being a SAHM.

Looking at this school year, I had been so excited to have some one-on-one time with each girl and a teeny bit of a time for just my self each week. I had high expectations of weekly activities that including field trips to different things around town, working on educational things at home (in a fun way of course!), new craft projects covering my hallway gallery, and of course weekly baking/cooking time with the girls.

Have I done any of those? Barely.

The start of this pregnancy definitely contributes to me being a lazy mom the last couple of months, so now that my 2nd trimester is here and I'm feeling good, I'm waiting so badly to be in crazy planning/scheduling mode. I've had a "to-do" notepad for quite awhile that had barely been used until just recently. Now, I don't feel like my day has been complete until I use one of it's pages. :) 

How do you plan your weekly activities with your kiddos? And plan time to get all of the other home stuff done (laundry, dishes, cleaning, groceries)? Even if you're not a SAHM, how do you do it?



1 comment:

Chellie said...

I don't get anything done the way I would like. However, I read something recently about loading the dishwasher/starting it and starting a load of laundry each night before bed and then unload/put in dryer the next morning. I don't do that every night, but when I do it definitely helps. Sometimes, if I'm really motivated I will start a load of laundry after putting B to bed and then put it in the dryer before I go to bed and start another load.
It's very hard and I think we all just have to do what works best for us.