Monday, December 16, 2013

Recent Conversations with Ella

Ella: Will you ever turn into a grandma?
Me: Yes. One day when you and Mattie have babies, that is when I will become a grandma.
Ella: Oooh… well I don't want you to be a grandma. (Starts to act sad.)
Me: Even if I become a grandma, I will always be your mommy.
Ella: Oh thank you! Do you know what? I'll have you over every breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Ella: How old are you?
Me: 27
Ella: Oh wow. I don't think I can count that high.
Me: Yes you can. Try it.
Ella: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27. Oh wow. How old is daddy?
Me: 30.
Ella: He's older than you!
Me: Yes, he is.
Ella: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 20-10…..
Me: Haha…. what comes after 29?
Ella: 20-10.
Me: Try again.
Ella: Oh, 30!



No comments: