Earlier this spring Mattie fell off of the top of our swing set/slide/playhouse combo thing. Thankfully she was fine, but being the paranoid momma that I am, I sold it on Craigslist not too long after. Matt and I had been talking about how much our girls would love more of a playhouse anyways, so this was the perfect "reason" to build it. Even I did some work on it! (Carried lumber and did quite a few cuts with the saw.) But really, Matt did an awesome job designing & planning the whole thing! We spent 4 days on it and still have a few finishing touches to add (painting/staining, curtains, extra cute little touches that have yet to be decided)... But we'll get to those eventually!
Here are some photos that I snapped with my phone throughout the 4 day process!
Since the final picture that I have here, we've added fake flowers to the window boxes for the girls to "pick" and "replant" to their hearts content, and we've added a mailbox.
And here are the girls eating their first picnic lunch inside! Ella just discovered an ant crawling "too close" to her and Mattie was hamming it up as usual.




No comments:
Post a Comment