Tuesday, April 5, 2011

She's a Ham

Yesterday was a hard day.

It hurt to walk. It hurt to sit. It hurt to do absolutely nothing. My body is getting itself ready for Mattie's arrival and all I can do is try to sit as still as possible and take deep breaths. Reminding myself that she'll be here soon and then it'll all be worth it when I look at her little face and see her tiny hands.

It's hard being a mom sometimes.

Yesterday evening, I was sitting on the sofa as Ella was playing. She came over to me and wanted to play horsey and bounce on my leg. Well, that wasn't going to happen because like I've said... I was hurting. That's when it hit me. She is about to get her world turned upside down.

Soon, she won't be the only one who gets our attention. She will have to learn to share, play and help take care of her sister. Needless to say, in that moment I started to cry. She looked up at me and said "mommyyy..." in a sad little voice. She had no idea what I was crying about, but was concerned. She crawled up on my lap (the little lap that I have left) and I told her I loved her.



She told me she loved me. And then continued to say "I wuv you" in a wide variety of voices. (Where does she learn this stuff? Ha!) We laughed for several minutes. It's amazing how even a 2-year-old knows that laughter truly is the best medicine.

She is such a ham!

I love that little girl and can't wait for her to experience the special bond of having a sister. She really will be an amazing big sister!

3 comments:

Jacob and Amy Hall said...

awww...precious girl! the picture is adorbale, miss you girls!

Devion said...

OH! It is so, so hard, Maria! I so understand how you felt yesterday and the point where you are just DONE with being pregnant! Plus, you have never experienced this last stretch before, so I am sure it is doubly taxing on you what with a toddler and all! Just hang in there and focus on that moment when you hold Mattie for the first time!

Jesus said we are to be like little children. How precious is that thought! I pray you'll have little discomfort, extra energy, and that God will supply you with daily bread every moment until Mattie is in your arms (and beyond as you, your hubby, and sweet girls adjust to new life)

Erin said...

This is so sweet. She will be a great big sister!