Thursday, March 31, 2011

Naps Are Overrated

I'm very scared that Ella is trying to phase out of her naps.

She's been sleeping in and now instead of getting up at 7, she'll sleep until 9ish. This of course isn't every day, but the majority of the days that we are home and don't have to rush off to anyplace.... this is becoming the new norm. I must say that I love that she now sleeps in. (Mostly because I can't fall asleep until midnight or later.) But the downside is that somedays she won't nap.

Like today.

No nap at school and no nap at home. She honestly has done great and wasn't grumpy or a nightmare, but what does this mean? Are her naps getting phased out? How do I start implementing "quiet time?" This momma will need some quiet time once Mattie gets here, so I'm hoping that Ella can learn how to stay in her room to read and play for a bit in the afternoons.

Any tips? Any advice? Am I worried about nothing? I'd say I'm probably worrying about this more than I should because I'm a sleep deprived momma who is about to become even more sleep deprived. If you see me with bags under my eyes and my shirt on backwards in the next couple of months, do me a favor.... don't say anything.

2 comments:

Devion said...

Baby Gate. Start slow and increase the time. Set a timer (or don't if you want to be flexible). Tell her that she has to be in her room playing quietly. Make sure that anything you don't want messed with/climbed on/destroyed is out. Baby Gate. :) I'd leave the door cracked a bit, but pulled mostly shut. That's just me.

Lauren Prugh said...

Hannah thinks naps are over rated and shes 7 months old!!....I am currently taking adice on how to get her to nap. Sorry I am no help!