Warning: Annoyed Momma is about to vent.
Welp, the after hours doctor was insistent that Ella has the flu. I'm pretty sure he said it multiple times.
The nurse comes in to test her.
We wait.
We wait.
We wait some more.
The nurse comes back in and says the test was negative for flu. (Praise the Lord!) When the doctor comes back in he says that Ella just has an upper respiratory infection (aka cold) and that he's going to prescribe her some eyedrops and something else for her cough & runny nose junk. When I ask about it being a sinus infection he said that her sinuses are probably inflamed, but that she would be fine.
I'm annoyed. Mainly because she had this 2 weeks ago and it's back. Also, I feel like the doctor didn't listen to me at all. And...... if it really is a sinus infection, she needs to be on antibiotics for 2-3 weeks... not just 7 days--according to my online research I did today ;). Her birthday is coming up and if this is really a sinus infection that flares up again in the coming weeks... don't come near me. I'll be livid.
I guess since I don't have a Dr. in front of my name, I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I have a mother's intuition. That counts for something right?
OH! The nurse said that on Saturday they saw around 90 people and 90% of them tested positive for the flu. Sunday, they saw 72 people and 95% tested positive for the flu. Isn't that comforting?
No comments:
Post a Comment