Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Check Up At 24 Wks and 5 Days

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is still looking great!

Before I tell all the facts, here is a quick story...

I got on the elevator to go up to see my doctor and another lady (probably in her late 50s or early 60s) got on with me. She took one look at me and asked when I was due. I told her in March, and she said "Oh my! And your belly is already that big?" I couldn't help but laugh. She then went on to explain that her belly expanded quickly when she was pregnant with her daughter and then started talking about having a 12 lb baby! Eek! I sure hope Ella doesn't turn out to be that big!

Now on to the appointment information...

Ella's heartbeat was at 147 (she even kicked a few times for the nurse) and the doctor said that our little girl is measuring pretty close to her expected due date. My blood pressure was almost spot-on perfect and I have gained another 6 lbs. I again questioned my doctor about my weight gain, but she said that everything looks fine and eased my mind when she told me that I don't look like I've gained much weight. Luckily, it's all in the belly! Our next appointment will include the not-so-fun glucose test and then after that, I start seeing the doctor every two weeks!

I know that we haven't had a belly picture in awhile, but I've been trying to hold out for Thanksgiving. We will be at exactly 26 wks on that day, so you can expect a picture sometime after next Thursday!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Well, I guess we can both be patient waiting for one another's prego pic ;)

Glad everything went well, and I can't wait to see you, Matt and ELLA next week!!!