Since it's been a little while since my last update, I decided it was about time to catch everyone up on what's been going on in our lives.
First, soccer season has started and is in full force. Matt coaches a team of 14 and 15 year old girls, and it has been quite an experience for him over the past year. I think that coaching these girls has openned his eyes and prepared his heart for having his own little baby girl soon. He loves being able to encourage these girls not only on the field, but in their school work and to grow closer to God. He truly has a gift to encourage and these girls adore him! The past two weekends have been busy with 2 games each weekend, but it's been a great time to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful weather that we've been blessed with.
Second, our cat Tanner is sick. We aren't quite sure with what, but we know that something is indeed wrong. About a month ago he was throwing up on almost a daily basis and having problems going to the bathroom. I took him to the vet and we discovered that regular cat food has too many minerals for him. He was having such a hard time with all of those extra minerals that it was clogging him up so that he was unable to go to the bathroom, thus resulting in throwing up from pushing too hard. Poor guy. We switched his cat food and got him on medicine and his issue was solved. Or so we thought.... He is now urinating anywhere he chooses around our house. He has gone a couple of times in our bedroom and every time we catch him we have locked him in the guest bathroom with his litter pan and his food and water. We were thinking that maybe we just needed to "re-potty train" him. Sadly, it hasn't worked. He would go in his litter box a few times, but that never lasted. It wasn't until this past Thursday night when I caught him peeing on our stereo equipment in our living room that I realized he really is having an issue. He's been at the vet since Saturday morning so that they can get a urine sample and test him for a few things, but Tanner is a very stubborn cat and hasn't given in. As of 9:30 this morning he had yet to use the bathroom there. Awesome.
Third, I've felt our baby move! It has just been a few little flutters and wierd sensations, but they've been absolutely incredible. I think that I've been experiencing them for the past 2 weeks, but now that I can better understand the feeling I'm able to pick them out rather than just thinking it's something else. They are few and far between, but I light up every time I feel her. I'm excited for that first "big kick" and then soon after for when Matt can feel his little girl moving around.
We are getting more and more anxious for our ultrasound next week and can't wait to get pictures of our little girl to share with you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment