Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bathroom & a Banquette

We've been known to love a good project. I think that is one of the reasons why we bought the house that we did. It has a great layout, is in a great neighborhood, PLENTY of space, and is full of projects that Matt and I can enjoy over the next several years. We are pretty much wanting to redo everything in this house. From the wall colors, to the flooring, to the trim, to knocking down a wall in the kitchen, to gutting the master bath, to landscaping in the backyard. The list goes on and on. So, it'll definitely take us quite some time to get it all done.

I never planned on focussing on the girl's bathroom early on in our project list. But, since they use it frequently, it has gotten to be a huge eyesore for me to help them keep cleaned up. I'll do a full blog post on it later once it's completed, but until then, here is where we are at in the "update the girl's bathroom project."

Yellow is my favorite color. But neon yellow should never be painted on a wall. Horrible. The top half of the bathroom is now Antique Purple, and the bottom half will be receiving a board and batten treatment in white. Notice through the second doorway, the tiled shower wall....  


Oops. I was painting and the towel rod came crashing down. It's never been on our plan to replace the tile in the shower, so most likely this will just get patched up.... unless we get crazy and find something we love!


Another project in the works in our breakfast nook. It's a great space that we wanted to give some character. Insert, custom banquette seating. We still have a bit more painting to do on it so that it holds up to our messy kids, but it's looking great! And just imagine some throw pillows on it (washable covers of course) and some oversized artwork on the big blank wall (once the rest of the wallpaper is removed, walls are textured and painted). 





Any suggestions on paint colors for the kitchen by the way?? We plan to redo this room eventually, and are loving the idea of soft gray cabinets with a darker gray island. The tile will also be replaced with wood floors..... not any time soon unfortunately!

Today's project required a bit of a wardrobe accessory.


Back to the girl's bathroom for an update to their vanity. We took the doors off the cabinet and lightly sanded them all down this weekend. Today, I used Minwax PolyShades in Black Satin to stain the front of the cabinet, drawers, and doors. It takes 7 hours for the first coat to dry, and we have some touch ups, plus the inside of the cabinets and other side of the doors to do. But, we are getting there! The carpet and tile in this bathroom will all get replaced with new tile, hopefully sooner than later. Love how it's looking so far and can't wait to share the finished project.




I'll post more project updates as we work on them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun idea!! I never thought about blogging our remodel project :)

Can't wait to see your other projects :)

Paige

Unknown said...

Oh Paige, you should! I love seeing the projects that people do!