This cutie turned 3 years old yesterday. She has been talking about her birthday DAILY since Ella's birthday in February. I now wonder what she'll talk about constantly now that her birthday has come and gone. Ha! Oh, and she picked the theme for her birthday all by herself. I was planning to do Rapunzel (since she LOVES that movie too), but she was determined to have a Monsters party.
Posing with her Mike & Sully.
Momma and her girls.
Daddy and his girls.
The party was pretty low key and I unfortunately didn't get all the pictures that I planned on, but it was fun nonetheless! Thankfully, the Oklahoma weather cooperated, and we were able to have a lot of backyard fun. We set up the bounce house and the bean bag toss game, and then let the kids just run around and use up their energy! The only things that I had planned out were making monster hats (which I have no pictures of), and pin the eye on Mike.
The birthday girl having a turn. She made big sister go first.
After the games, we had lunch (picnic style outside), and then came inside to enjoy cupcakes and cookie cake before opening gifts.
I LOVE that Mattie sang "happy birthday" to herself while we sang to her.
Mattie telling everybody "THANK YOU!"
She woke up on her actual birthday to her very own bicycle. Which she has no idea how to pedal yet…. but she is oh so very proud of it!
She looks so big!!
Mattie's 3 year check up went great. She was such a big girl and had no tears… and I didn't have to bribe her at all. Success! She's doing all the things that a 3yo should be, except for being able to pedal. Good thing she got a bike so she can practice!
At the age of 3, Mattie is 33 lbs (73%) and 37 inches tall (51%). She is discovering her independence and wants to do all things herself (brushing teeth, getting dressed, filling her water cup, etc). She has a BIG heart and is very sweet. Mattie loves hugs, but doesn't like kisses. Every morning before getting out of bed, she requests a banana and asks where daddy is. She loves to dance and sing and definitely makes us laugh every single day.
We love you lots Mattie Nicole!





No comments:
Post a Comment