Our monkey is getting harder and harder to take pictures of because as soon as I pull out my phone or camera to snap a pic, she turns around so I can't see her face at all.
Luckily I captured this sweet smile earlier this week.
Mattie has started talking like crazy over the past couple of months. Two of her most popular phrases are, "I wuv you __(fill in the blank with who she's talking to)__." and "You're my best fwiend." We melt every time she randomly says one of those sweet thoughts.
She loves tickling people. Anytime we talk about getting together with a friend, she announces that she's going to tickle them. I've been trying to teach her that not everybody likes to be tickled, so she must ask people before she gets her tickle fingers in trouble.
She's great at pushing sisters buttons. I've noticed that she does things just to spite big sister. Such as taking blocks or other toys as soon as she notices that Ella isn't paying attention. And she doesn't play with these items... she simply does it for Ella's reaction. Sigh.
Mattie is still a mommy's girl. She hates when I take her to Bible class because she doesn't want me to leave, but if Matt takes her, she's fine. (And once she goes into the classroom, and I leave, she is perfectly fine.) Bedtime & naptime are starting to get hard because she now cries when I leave her room. Luckily she calms down VERY quickly, but it still breaks my heart.... and drives me crazy!
Everything that Mattie sees automatically becomes "mine." We drive by horses on the way to take Ella to school and she announces that they are "my horsies." She isn't a big fan of sharing at the moment.
She LOVES helping with the garden and has finally figured out that we only pick the red tomatoes (she picked sooo many green ones last month!) I was hoping that she'd learn to like tomatoes, but she still doesn't. Every once in awhile, she give one a chance, but immediately spits it out.
She is still a picky little eater. She loves food, and eats plenty of it, but many times she tells us "don't like it" before she's actually tried something new. It's a battle of the wills with this girl and trying new things! She'll even tell us that she doesn't like something when she loved it the day before.
Mattie loves cuddles, kisses, and hugs.
Every day that Ella has been at Pre-K, Mattie has asked (within minutes of leaving the parking lot),
"Where's Ella?" She misses her sister, but it's pretty clear that she loves not fighting over toys or picking out a movie to watch (she still requests A Turtle Tale every single day).
She's still not potty trained, or even remotely interested in it right now. As much as I'm ready to be done changing her diapers, I'm not going to rush her. Next week I may talk about it a lot with her in hopes of it interesting her before she starts Sonshine School.... we'll see. I just hope she's potty trained before she's 3!
No comments:
Post a Comment