My girls have spent the last couple of days sick. Like nasty sick. And to think that just a couple of weeks ago, I had made the comment that I was grateful to not have to deal with kid vomit yet.... well, I can no longer say that.
I'll spare you the details.
Anyways, today was the BIG day to go meet Ella's teacher and check out her new school. Since she had been sick and still had a fever when she woke up, she had to miss out on the excitement. I, on the other hand, knew that I needed to get there and check out the lay of the land. And I'm pretty sure that I walked around like a deer in headlights... I think that's the sign of a first time preK Momma at information day. But I survived, and brought Ella home a school tshirt and the surprise that I was going to be a homeroom mom.
Me: I signed up to be a homeroom mom in your classroom!
Ella: Huh?
Me: I get to come to your classroom a lot & help plan fun parties for your class!
Ella: Nooooo.....
Me: Seriously? It'll be fun. Ok?
Ella: Okay... YES!!!!!
So, we'll see how this homeroom mom thing goes. But I'm pretty excited.
Thinking about Ella going to preK hasn't been bad or even emotional yet. I know that she will absolutely love it. But the more and more that I think about it today, the more and more I realize that life is about to change drastically. Granted, she'll only be gone for 2.5 hrs every day. But that is EVERY DAY. Talk about a commitment! It will be strange to have so much one-on-one time with Mattie, but I know that she will LOVE that. And I will cherish that time soooo much!
So, here's to the final few days of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment