Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ella Says

We were at the zoo a few weeks ago with some friends. Ella was adamant about taking her purse that day. And of course the only thing she wanted to pack in it were bandaids. And of course the purse got stuffed under the stroller. We were there for just a few short minutes when we saw a little girl fall down. Ella was so concerned and gave the girl one of her bandaids, without me prompting.

During one of Ella's recent bedtime prayers, "When I grow up I want to be a garden fairy."

One May 3, we enrolled Ella for pre-K. While we were there filling out paperwork, two pre-K classes walked by us in the hallway. After we got home, I had a talk with Ella about how nicely they walked in a line. And pointing out how they were quiet and kept to themselves. Anyways, I told her that she would have to do that if she wanted to go to pre-K and suggested that she practice at Sonshine School. She thought that was a great idea!

On the night if May 8th, Ella asked me if I had a baby in my tummy. I'm a horrible liar, so I started giggling as Matt just looks at me with a half smirk. I asked her, "Why do you ask that?" Her reply, "because I want a boy to play with." I told her, "maybe someday." Her quick response, "how about tomorrow!!"

Lately Ella has accidentally rubbed against my leg when I've had shorts on. Every single time she has looked at me, touched my leg again, and says, "you need lotion." In all honesty, my legs just need to be shaved... But I'm not about to admit that to my 4 year old.

At the gas station Matt was cleaning our windows and Ella asks, "why is daddy shaving our car?!"

No comments: