Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Technology Woes

We finally have our computer back from the Apple store... complete with a brand new hard drive. So very thankful that it was free (since the one that crashed had been previously recalled). To help recover our old hard drive, we decided to try and save a couple thousand of dollars and asked if the IT department at my work could try their hand at helping us out. They are very very familiar with Apple products and I trusted them more than sending it off some place.

I was very optimistic about what they could do.

Then, I got the email... and they were unable to recover anything.

 I cried.

BUT... I happened to check my work laptop just to see what pictures I had that didn't make it to our "cloud" and was ecstatic to find that I had all of the pictures from when Mattie was born!!! So very thankful. Now we have an external hard drive and I need to get busy getting everything backed up and pictures sorted through. Hopefully I can find the time soon to accomplish this daunting task. 

I feel like it's going to take me hours to just sort through everything. Because let's face it..... I know that I have plenty of blurry pictures and pictures that my girls have taken of the floor.



No comments: