October is here!
And with Halloween just a few weeks away, I've decided to get an early start on costumes for the girls. Ella has been telling me for the last several months that she wants to be a cowgirl. That's easy enough. But I'm making sure that she'll be wearing a tutu skirt. I mean really... before I know it, she'll be too big and just look silly in one. So a cowgirl with a tutu it is!
I thought I had finished it today until I had her try it on. It definitely needs more denim. And this picture makes it look like it needs a lot more denim. So, unfortunately, I'm not quite finished with it. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect shirt and plan to make some leg warmers to wear with her cowgirl boots.
I have a bad feeling that it won't be complete until Halloween.
Sometimes I procrastinate.
A costume for Mattie was a bit trickier. Being the person that I am, I wanted their costumes to coordinate, but I didn't want them to be identical like last year. And I would've felt horrible dressing her up like a little farm animal. I could imagine her hating me in the years to come for dressing her as a cow. So, since we live in the fine Sooner state, Mattie will pair up nicely with big sis as a little Indian.
And yes, she'll be dressing her part in a tutu as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment