This little cutie had tubes put in about 6 months ago.
This same cutie has already lost one of the tubes and already has an ear infection.
On Tuesday, I pick the girls up from school and head home. Mattie is clingy to me and feels warm. So, we sit on the sofa, eat a snack and watch some Caillou with big sister. I notice that her left ear is full of gunk. I try to pick at it and she won't let me of course. That night Matt took her to the Convenient Care Clinic and discovered that she had an infection in the right ear. (The tube in the left ear must've been causing all the nastiness to drain out.) The doctor really didn't get a good look in her right ear and can't confirm or deny that the tube is gone.
I think it's long gone.
Luckily, she has her 6 month follow up with her ENT on Monday to see what he says. Until then, antibiotics and probiotics get to help us welcome the Fall season.
Joy.
UPDATED: Monday, September 24 at 4:45 PM
Mattie's ENT appointment went great. Both tubes are actually still in place and her infection is gone. Her doctor suspects that something might have been blocking the tube and preventing it to drain properly. Either way, I'm happy with the news.

No comments:
Post a Comment