Sunday, September 9, 2012

Birthday Eve

I've been talking with the girls about Matt's birthday for over a week and Ella was convinced that Friday was his birthday. I decided to roll with the punches, and we celebrated as a family on his birthday eve.


Matt has a deep love for cream cheese icing and carrot cake, so I made one from scratch from a recipe found on Pinterest.


It was a huge hit! Matt said that it's one of the best carrot cakes he's ever had.


I'm still pretty smug about that comment.

After dinner and dessert, we had some father/daughter dance practice.


I love watching them admire their daddy. He is their knight in shining armor, the fixer of anything broken, and the person that they try to impress the most.

Happy Birthday Matt!

We love you so much and hope that you enjoyed your special weekend!

No comments: