Mattie is going through a stage. The stage of full out tantrums and it's not pretty. She wants me to hold her 99.1% of the time. And if I don't hold her when she wants to -- watch out. She gets big crocodile tears, screams and will then throw herself at my feet to prevent me from moving anywhere. If I happen to get a few steps away, she'll throw herself on the floor in the most dramatic fashion.
It breaks my heart. And at the same time, frustrates me.
I don't remember Ella being this "dramatic." Maybe I'm blocking that part of her toddlerhood out of my memory. Either way, I don't know what to do. I hold her and love on her lots because I know that soon enough she won't want me to hold her all of the time. But really, I can't hold her all of the time and I don't want to teach her that she can be held all of the time either.
I try to encourage her to walk with me if she spots me leaving the room.
Doesn't work.
I let her throw the fit. They last for an eternity (not really). But soon enough I have to pick her up for some reason (dinner is ready, we need to leave the house, etc).
I know that I'll look back and miss the way she longs for her mommy. And now that I think about it, I may just go cuddle her up some more. :)
Maybe I'm the one to blame for this behavior. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment