Monday, June 11, 2012

You've got to be joking me

Because I've been worried that Mattie could have a nut allergy, I took her in to see her pediatrician this morning for peace of mind. I was in for a surprise. Her spots weren't canker sores after all, but really were from "hand, foot and mouth." You've got to be joking me.

I spent how much yesterday to take her to the clinic, then another how much for canker sore medicine that insurance wouldn't cover? Yea, I'm not amused.

Her tongue was pretty much back to normal and her doctor made a pretty good point that if they were canker sores, they'd be around for a lot longer than just a couple of days. More like two weeks. Thankfully she just had a very mild case (never had a fever and no spots elsewhere) and is all clear for school tomorrow. He said that "hand, food and mouth" is all over town. Great.

We also spotted 2 top molars trying to break through her gums. That would definitely explain the trouble she's had sleeping all weekend.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh no! H had HFM and I thought I was going to die. And the worst part of it is, you don't figure out what the issue is until it's starting to get better. It's like the light bulb comes on way after - at least for me :) I hope she feels better. Don't forget the benadryl! :)