Mattie is 10-months-old!
I can barely believe that her first year has gone so fast. In no time, we'll be celebrating her 1st birthday,... and frankly, I'm not quite ready for her to turn 1.
Mattie loves to clap and tries to have conversations with us. She can wave "hi" and "bye" and will sign "more" and "done" at the dinner table. Her desire to walk has almost vanished.
I'm pretty sure she realizes that she is the fastest crawler on the planet.
She is no longer eating jarred baby food. Once she realized that she could eat "big people food," she has been eating more than the rest of us! (Slight exaggeration.) I normally cut up a bunch of different things and put them all on her highchair tray at the same time. The first thing she goes after is the meat. Then the pasta or cheese. Then she'll reluctantly eat the fruits and vegetables.
Mattie is comfortably wearing 12 month clothing and size 3 diapers.
She has 4 teeth! 2 middle on top, and 2 middle on bottom.
She has her fifth (I can't remember for sure) ear infection and just got a referral yesterday for an ENT to look at doing tubes. I hate that she gets ear infections just like big sister.
Crawling all around the house is so much fun for Mattie. If I don't keep my eye on her, I'll have to hunt all over for her. She likes the laundry room, Ella's room, the bathroom and our room... Well... she just likes exploring everywhere!
Oh! At her doctor appointment yesterday, she weighed in at 21.4 pounds. Good thing we ordered her a new car seat this past weekend! She's .6 pounds away from being too big from her baby carrier. I can just imagine how excited she'll be to ride in her "big girl" seat!
We love Mattie oh so much and have loved every minute of these last 10 months!



4 comments:
LOL - Haylie and Mattie are wearing the same size diapers and they are over a year apart!!
HAHAHAHA That cracks me up!
Wow! She is growing up, isn't she? I sure love that little girl! It's incredible how time passes.
That previous comment was from me, but I didn't think you'd know that ;)
Post a Comment