Monday, August 29, 2011

Why do I have a headache?

Yesterday was a disaster of a day.

It started off with Ella not listening to me at church. She wouldn't sit still on my lap, she wouldn't sit on the pew, she wouldn't stop talking, she wouldn't play quietly. Oh, and I was sitting in the middle of the pew. That doesn't work well for taking her out of the service to discipline. As we were leaving, she ran off to play in the bushes outside. We told her "bye" and started walking to the car. She looked at us and waved. She didn't care we were going to leave. It took me carrying her to the car for us to leave.

Her nap time consisted of her playing in her room for an hour before finally falling asleep.

Last night, we had prayer night on campus. Ella was so excited to see everybody. She couldn't contain her excitement in fact. She again had a hard time sitting still and wouldn't stop talking. As I was trying to keep Mattie calmed down, Ella wouldn't listen to me. If I told her to sit down, she stood up. If I asked her to stay with me, she walked off. I was about ready to pull my hair out. What sent me over the edge was when she walked off while we were outside and I couldn't find her. She had gone up the back steps of the Bible building... and I found her going down the front steps (towards the parking lot).

Sigh.

She's not listening much better today unfortunately.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I can sympathize. Haylie is the worst listener in the world. I can't imagine having two kids. Please write me a manual so I can learn from you.

Team Andrews said...

I'm so sorry. Not much more frustrating than that. It's gotta be a phase, right? That's what I'm telling myself. Praying you have much better day tomorrow!