Sometimes I wonder if we're doing a decent job of parenting. It's hard to tell with a toddler. ;)
A few minutes ago, Ella said something that caught me off guard... She asked me to make a balloon out of a surgical glove (that she's kept from when Mattie was born!) and while I was working my magic she stood nicely next to me and said, "Ella wait. Be patient."
We have been working on this concept for a little while now, but it took me a couple of seconds before I started beaming from ear-to-ear and telling her how I proud I was for being so patient. Ahh.... These moments make all of the naptime fights and drawings on my wall worth it.
2 comments:
I'm glad you recognized her attempt of trying. I feel like sometimes I brush over things that Haylie is working on or is showing great promise at. Like I just discipline instead of showering her with praise at the good things. Way to be an excellent parent.
Absolutely! I agree with Erin...it is so important to recognize and positively reinforce those GREAT moments in our child's history!
Post a Comment