Thursday, June 16, 2011

Scrumptious- Tomato Cream Sauce

I love good ‘ole spaghetti. Something about red sauce and hamburger on top of a big pile of noodles is comforting to me.

Matt… not so much. He thinks it’s okay, but wouldn’t eat it every week like I could. For awhile, he’s asked me to try some new sauces. Well, today I ventured out of my comfort zone and I’m so thankful.

You won’t be sorry if you try this. (And if you are, save me the leftovers.)

I don’t have a picture, sorry. I was too busy stuffing my face.

Oh, and it only takes 15 minutes-ish.

Tomato Cream Sauce

(Recipe adapted from one I found at allrecipes.com)

  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
  • 2 tsp basil
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 3/4 cup cream
  1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic until tender.
  2. Add tomatoes, seasoning, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
  3. Stir in butter and cream. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.

1 comment:

Blaine and Shannon Finley said...

Im sure this is way better then the super fast tomato cream sauce but in a pinch all you need is a can of crushed tomatoes some italian season, garlic, cream and parmesean.... I pretty much never buy spaghetti sauce anymore cause me and the hubby prefer my version and its cheaper LOL!