Yesterday was a FANTASTIC day.
Ella did not get a single spanking or have to go to timeout even once. (Shocking.) We left Mattie at home with the sitter and had lunch at the mall food court and did a little shopping at the Disney store. She didn't argue about having to hold my hand and did a pretty good job of listening. Since I was thrilled with her wonderful behavior, we split a cookie. You know, the chocolate chip kind with the super rich icing.
Even after our time with just the two of us, she was great. She didn’t fight me for naptime or bedtime and actually sat still at the dinner table.
Then today happened. (So dramatic, huh?)
It started off nicely. She brought me some flowers (aka dandelions) from the backyard and wanted to cuddle this morning while she ate her yogurt.
We went to the grocery store so that I could pick up a few items that I needed to make some birthday cupcakes and that’s when everything went downhill. As we were loading up in the car, she wouldn’t get into her car seat. I gave her the option of doing it herself or me putting her in it. She stood there with a look in her eye and wouldn’t budge. That’s my cue to do it. Of course I meltdown happened and she was informed that I don’t accept that behavior and she’ll go to timeout when she gets home.
I’ll shorten this story a bit.
After using the potty, being in timeout, and then going off to play…. she then walks back into the living room with a large amount of poop on the bottom of a shoe. Let me also mention that I was feeding Mattie when the poop incident happened.
So, now I have some poop footprints in my hallway and living room.
All before lunch.
Joy.
Happy 25th Birthday to me!
2 comments:
That is an excellent birthday present! Not from the heart but from the bottom of something! Hopefully a nap will help and the rest of the day will be glorious!
We should have gotten together today so we could have pulled out our hair together! Happy Birthday - poop and all.
Post a Comment