On April 19th at 8:30 pm, we headed to the hospital with contractions 5 minutes apart. They weren’t causing me to scream, but if I was walking or talking when one started, I had to slow it down quite a bit.
I was a 5 with a bulging bag when I got checked (had been a 4 earlier that afternoon at a dr appointment) and my contractions continued to be regular and lasted around 1 minute each. The nurse said that I was very well-controlled and many people would be screaming at that point.
I was proud of myself. :)
Once I was admitted and into the delivery room, I didn’t have to wait long at all for my epidural. The rest wasn’t very eventful. My water broke at 2 am and Mattie was facing up so I had to lay from side to side to encourage her to turn face down.
She was born at 4:25 am with just a few pushes from me. The scariest thing was that she came out blue and not crying. Her cord had been wrapped around her neck during part of delivery and one of her shoulders got stuck too. Needless to say, I was freaked out. They rushed her to oxygen and quickly did fine.
Mattie weighed 8 lbs, 11 oz and was 21 inches long.
We are all doing great and loving every minute of it… even the sleepless minutes. :)
2 comments:
So glad she is doing great! Can't wait to see that cute little girl!
Congrats!!! :) She is a DOLL! I can say that b/c of facebook, btw...I'm not hallucinating! :D
Post a Comment