Friday, April 15, 2011

Moral of the story: Don’t leave your gate unlocked

I was traumatized a few nights ago.

Matt, Ella & I were in the backyard playing and doing some yard work. We had been going in and out of the side gate quite a bit and the next thing I knew, Ella was missing. I "run" as fast as I can to check the gate... it was wide open.

I start yelling for her and "run" to the front of the house, check the side yard, and look in the garage. Matt joins in and looks at the house next to us that’s being built while I run inside the house.

Much to my surprise and relief, this is what I found sitting at my kitchen table.

IMG_7532

IMG_7531 

That afternoon, Ella & I had made homemade graham crackers. I obviously hadn’t finished picking up because she decided it was more fun to be inside playing with the flour than outside playing in the dirt.

2 comments:

Devion said...

Pretty sure I would have peed my pants with worry. Glad she was inside entertaining herself, despite the mess! :)

Erin said...

I kind of had the same situation today! Luckily she got about 2 steps out of the gate before I yelled her back to the right side. Whew.