Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank God for the snow

Let me just say....

I'm going to be eternally grateful for this snowstorm.

For the past few months, we've "tried" potty training a time or two. Ella's shown us that she was interested, so we’d get all excited and decide that it was time to get her out of diapers. But no. Once we tried to potty train, she'd change her mind and couldn’t get the hang of it.

Drumroll please….

On Wednesday, we let her spend a lot of the day without her diaper. Little did we know, it intrigued her and she went on her potty chair a couple of times.

On Thursday, she wore a diaper only at naptime and bedtime. She went to her potty every single time she needed to. Yes, she was accident free!

Today, again… diaper only at naptime and she has gone every single time in the potty. Another accident free day (so far)!

She has done so good about realizing that she needs to go. It doesn’t matter if she’s playing in the playroom, watching a video, or eating at the table… she’ll stop what she’s doing and run to the bathroom. She definitely needs to work on emptying out because she may go only a couple of minutes before needing to go again… or she may go a couple hours. Either way, we’re thrilled!

We know that the journey has just begun. But Matt & I are still in shock that she is actually potty training. In fact, I feel like I haven’t done much to help besides praise her like crazy and feed her candy. I feel like she’s done it herself . I shouldn’t be too surprised because she gave up her paci on her own. Transitioned to a toddler bed with ease. And then transitioned into a twin size bed (without rails) without so much as a blink of an eye.

Let me just admit that earlier today when she told me she had gone pee pee, I just about lost it. I choked back the tears because, let’s face it….I figured that would freak her out a bit and then she’d be in diapers until the age of 8.

1 comment:

Team Andrews said...

WOHOO!! Way to go Ella!! I am so proud of you! Love you girl!