Ella’s working on getting her bottom two 2-year molars and it’s horrible. The past couple of days she has been so congested that she gags on her mucus and throws up. (Pleasant picture, I know… sorry.) She pretty much refused to eat much yesterday and slept TONS.
Luckily the mucus has cleared up a lot, but now she has diarrhea. (Again, sorry.) The silver lining is that she’s still doing a great job of using the potty despite all of this! She even stayed dry during our trip to Sams this morning! Yay!
This afternoon she woke up after napping for an hour screaming and bawling like crazy. She refused to take any Tylenol, or Orajel, or teething tablets. Instead she settled for some applesauce and is now back to sleep in my arms on the sofa.
I must admit that I love the extra cuddles.
But then I keep remembering, she has two more 2-year molars to go. Hopefully those suckers are getting started now and don’t plan to wait too long. I’m ready to be dome with this teething mess. (That is until Mattie starts….) Lord, help us.
4 comments:
Poor Ella. So sweet that she is cuddling though. Hopefully you're getting some rest while she sleeps!
I think Hannah is teething too...and shes been so congested that she gags on her mucus too. So I understand where you're at on that one
I hate to mention this, but did you know that teething tablets have been recalled world wide due to toxic substances that have shown up in them. It is a substance called Belladonna AKA Deathly Nightshade. Some tests showed none, some showed minimal levels, some showed levels that can make kids really sick. Just wanted to share that with you in case you didn't know. *grimace*
Wish I could give some HELPFUL teething advice, but I hate it as well and used tabs with the other 2, so I feel like a new mom this time around! :) Good luck and prayers!
Devon, thanks... I think that I had heard that... but had offered everything else. I will admit that I sighed a bit when she said no to them because of that very thing. :) They'll be removed from my medicine cabinet asap.
Post a Comment