Friday, September 24, 2010

Here we go again…

Baby Clark expected to arrive May 1st, 2011!

IMG_5453 This picture was taken minutes after our positive test. I would like to point out Ella’s terrified face.

We had our first appointment this week and all looks good. The doctor strongly advises me to take weekly progesterone shots for 20 weeks during this pregnancy. Since Ella was 5 weeks early, these shots should help to prevent preterm labor this time around. I’m nervous as to the pain and to any side effects for me or the baby. The next few weeks will be full of research on my part, so if you’ve ever had them (or know somebody who has)… please share!

Once I figure out how to use our scanner I’ll upload the sonogram picture of our newest addition.

Hopefully this post helps to explain the constant eating, baggy clothes and no energy.

5 comments:

Mariah said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys! Don't worry about the shots. I have known people who have had to use those and they and the babies all turned out fine! It will be for the better to make sure this little one stays put longer! Welcome to the "Mother of Two" club!

Devion said...

YAY! Congrats! I had 1 progesterone shot. It was in an oil base, so it was a bit ouchy. If you have oil-based, just be sure that the nurse goes nice and slow and it should help. Prayers for a healthy, happy pregnancy! So, how far along are you, then?

Kelly T said...

Yipee!!! Congratulations... so excited for you! I never had progesterone shots, but with my unfortunate experience in progesterone suppositories when prego with Sophie, I would think I'd opt for the shots. TMI, I know. :)

Hope you're feeling well, soon. Love the pic of Ella, too - ha ha - she has NO idea!!!

Team Andrews said...

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! It's going to be so fun to have a baby around again!

Erin said...

That is fantastic! I thought I saw something on Facebook but didn't investigate. Congrats!! And Melody Byrd I believe has had a ton of those shots. She could tell you what its like!