Bedtime is going much, much better at our house. Ella woke up from her nap last Wednesday screaming and pulling on her ear. I couldn’t get her to stop crying. Ella and ear infections are pretty well acquainted, so I called the doctor to get my suspicions confirmed.
Well, my motherly instincts were wrong. Her ears were fine, but her throat was very sore. Doc suggested giving her some benadryl (to dry up her snotty nose) and tylenol (to mask the pain) before bedtime.
She went to bed so easily that night. And slept all night long. And yes, I’ll give credit to the drugs.
The past couple of nights, she’s had no drugs and has done a great job. Without fail, once we tuck her in and leave the room, she’ll get up to jiggle the door handle. We still are locking it. Once she realizes that she’s in there for good, she may let out a couple of cries, but she finds her way back to bed and falls asleep.
Moral of the story: don’t give up after one night of awful sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment