Today is our 1 week anniversary from giving up cable.
I'm still sane. I'm surprised that I'm still sane actually.
For months, we've been talking about how we should get rid of it. Our evenings were always spent in the living room... specifically on the sofa. I even think that our sofa is sagging in a couple spots because we spend so much time there. *sigh* Matt finally got the courage and made the call (I don't think I could've done it. Scratch that, I know that I couldn't have done it.) But, we are now a no-cable home.
I love it. I honestly love it. (I will admit that I miss falling asleep to the Food Network.)
We've been busy and getting things done that we've always talked about doing eventually. It's such a good feeling. Ahh... the feeling of accomplishment.
I bet I'll update the blog more often. Since we have a life again. So, if you're considering getting rid of cable. Do it.
5 comments:
Good move, we don't have television and there is much more good conversation and fun without it.
we just got rid of our satellite dish about a week ago too! it really is such a nice feeling to not be watching tv all the time!
Good for you! We did that and haven't regretted it yet!
We got rid of cable last summer. For the most part I don't miss it. What I do miss the most is the kids channels and the History Channel...I know, I'm a bit of a history nerd. Oh and Sponge Bob!! Hehe!!
We haven't had it for years and were so thankful for that decision especially after having kiddos. And, just wait until you have another baby - you won't have time to watch it, anyway. Great job - way to rid your life of unnecessary things!!
Post a Comment