Ella is going through a tough separation anxiety stage. Some days are hard, some days aren’t hard at all. It’s very hard when I leave the room (not even the house) and she freaks out. I keep telling myself that it’s just a stage.
Kisses are back! Ella has been depriving us from her kisses for the past couple of months and has finally started sharing them again. Once she gets started, she won’t stop. She’ll give Matt a kiss, then me a kiss, then give Matt a kiss and then me again.
She has started sleeping in past 7 AM. Hallelujah! We recently added black felt to her window to block out the extra light and it has made a really big difference. I feel like we should’ve done this sooner!
No diapers? Twice in the past week, she has taken her diaper off during naptime. I’m not thrilled about this.
Ella likes to join us in the bathroom by sitting on the ground, legs crossed, until we finish our business. We took this cue and bought her a potty seat. She loves climbing all over it, but has yet to actually use it. I’m wanting to do the 3-day potty training technique, but trying to decide when. I was thinking over Christmas break, but now I feel like that is so far away. Any tips?
She will try to say absolutely any word that we ask of her. Sometimes she gets it exactly, other times she isn’t even close, but I love that she tries so hard! Some of the words that she’ll say without prodding are: please, thank you, meek (milk), nay-nee (blankie), bubbles, mommy, daddy, awa (water), night night, love you, shoes.
Speaking of shoes…. they are littered throughout our house. She LOVES trying on one shoe at a time and walking around. It’s cute to watch her hobble and looking so proud of herself.
Ella has started biting her nails. I’m not happy about this at all.
She continues to be such a happy little girl and has a heart full of love. Ella definitely has a stubborn streak that she displays every.single.day. It amazes me how much she already knows. She is a smarty pants and gets into everything. Ella makes us laugh multiple times a day and I LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment