We survived Ella's first night in her toddler bed.
Matt & I hadn't talked about when to make this switch and I had been thinking we'd wait until after we got her going on the whole potty training thing. Plans changed and last night was her first night out of the crib. I walked her in and let her climb up in bed and we did our usual bedtime routine.... sang "Jesus Loves Me" with her little lamb, said goodnight to Georgia (her giraffe) and then layed down while listening to her music-playing-seahorse.
After I left, she stood at her door for about 30 minutes.... and cried the entire time. My heart ached. What made it worse, was watching her mess with her door knob. She can normally open her door, but I think that the tears made it a bit difficult. Poor thing.
Matt checked on her awhile later and found her back in bed and sound asleep.... with her Bible laying open next to her. Awww..... He didn't want to chance taking a picture and wake her up (good call!).
I, of course, couldn't sleep very well last night.
2 comments:
Whew! You're ambitious, girl. I like to contain 'em as loooong as possible! :)
Yea, it was a spur of the moment decision to make the switch. Night #1 went great! She goes down pretty good, but she's been waking up super early (5:20 am today) and getting out of bed and not wanting to go back down. She's still sooooo tired, but just wont go back to sleep. So, we may bring the crib back...
Post a Comment