Wow.
Ella is no longer using the paci.
And she kicked it all.by.herself.
Wow.
The plan was to start using it only at bedtime and naptime beginning June 1st and then slowly get rid of it by the time school started again in the fall. However, over the past week, she has been teething like crazy and we found out yesterday that she has a double ear infection. Through all of this, she has refused her paci. She used it a couple of times, but typically took it from us and threw it. We took this as a sign. And we decided... no more paci.
I'm not sure the last time that she used it honestly, but she doesn't seem to miss it. I will though. It was so cute to see her smiling behind it. It was so cute to see her take it out of her mouth to tell us something and then stick it back in again. It was so cute to see her asking for it. Sigh.
But, this is a good thing, right?
2 comments:
Ah, that's always bittersweet. The parent's are always anxious to get rid of it but in a few years you'll miss it!! I loved when my kids had their pacis and cherish the pics I have of them with it!!
DEFINITELY a good thing that it happened this way. Paci weaning is NOT fun! Consider yourself blessed beyond belief!!! :) It is sad as they pass each milestone, but great things are coming!
Post a Comment