Many people may be posting about how they survived the marathon this past weekend... well, I'm not.
I survived my first night weekend away from Ella. Yes, she was 14 months old. Yes, I’m aware that seems like a long time. If I had a do-over I might have done it when she was younger. But then again, I might not.
She did great. She had a great weekend with Matt and got to spend some extra time with Grandma and Grandpa.
How’d I do? Night #1 went fine. Night #2 not so fine. She was running a fever and all I wanted to do was go home and comfort her. But, I made it through and finished out the girls weekend with my family. When I got home and pulled into the garage, Matt and Ella were standing at the door waiting for me. I could tell she wasn’t feeling well, but she waved to her heart’s content.
Thanks Matt for encouraging me to have a great weekend to just be me!
1 comment:
Brady is almost 2 and I have only left him for one night and it was with Collin!!
Post a Comment