Saturday, January 17, 2009

We Survived

Stages of labor... contractions... breathing techniques... relaxation methods... epidurals... csections... natural births... postpartum... the first poopy diaper...

Those are just a few of the things that we learned today in our childbirth class. We opted for the 9-5 Saturday class instead of breaking it up to a couple of hours over a few weeks, and I'm so glad that we did. We might have left feeling like we were on information overload, but I know that we learned so many things that will prove helpful when Ella decides to enter the world. Our instructor did a great job and definitely relieved many of our worries.

The class surprisingly didn't scare me about labor, but instead got me kind of excited for it. I've known from the beginning of this pregnancy that I will be wanting an epidural (mostly because I'm a wimp), but after today's class... I feel like I just might be able to handle not having one. Trust me, I can still forsee me begging for an epidural as soon as I get to the hospital, but having learned of some ways to help with the pain will hopefully make me tough for a little while during the entire labor process.

We also got to tour the birthplace and it was amazing for us to see the place where Ella will join our family. God truly is amazing and every day we get closer to meeting our little girl, we get more and more excited!

No comments: