Thursday, January 29, 2009

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Nesting is a funny thing. For weeks now I have been "needing" to get Ella's nursery finished, but have not been able to do so because we lacked a few necessary items. After our shower last Sunday at the church where Matt grew up, we (or should I say Matt) finally agreed that it was time to get Ella's room ready. I was so excited to go home Sunday evening to order her bedding and go to BRU to buy her travel system and other items, but for one reason or another, it didn't happen. Over lunch on Monday I had planned to go to the store and order her bedding, but the weather changed my mind. It started to get icy and my boss sent me home at 11:45 am. Then on Tuesday, I didn't have to go to work because of the weather so I decided it was best to not leave the house. Luckily, last night Matt and I finally made it to BRU and JC Penney's to get what we needed. I felt like a little kid in a candy store! Below is a picture of the mattress and Ella's travel system, plus extra base. They haven't made it past the laundry room yet, but just having them has made me feel so much more prepared for Ella. Her nursery will be completed soon and I'll post pictures then.

No comments: