Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Bug

I've mentioned in a previous post how this was the first year in a long time for me to get the flu shot. This is also the first year in a long time that I've gotten the flu bug. Do you think the two are related? I still haven't decided.

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and I knew that it was definitely not pregnancy nausea. I went to work hoping that the feeling would go away soon. Food sounded disgusting, so I decided that I would just keep myself hydrated that morning. My boss knew I wasn't feeling so well and told me that I could go home whenever I needed to. I didn't last past 9:30 am. When I got home, I changed into sweats and then had a not so friendly visit with the toilet. I slept for most of the day and threw up a few more times, all without a fever.

My OB nurse called because I had missed my appointment to take my glucose test that afternoon so I told her what was going on. She called in some nausea medicine for me and told me to make sure that I'm able to hold down my fluids because if I can't, then I would need to make a trip to the hospital to get hooked up to an IV. Luckily, I was keeping my fluids down, it was food that was not.

Yesterday I slept in and decided that I was still feeling too crummy to go to work. I lounged around all day drinking lots of Gatorade and eating oyster crackers. Those seemed to stay down pretty well. I decided to try some chicken noodle soup around 3 pm yesterday and I realized that was not a good idea. Although my stomach got really upset, it stayed down. I'm back at work today still drinking Gatorade and eating crackers. I had some more soup for lunch and my stomach again started hurting. Hopefully my stomach will become friends with food again soon.

Luckily during these past few days, Ella has continued to do great. My doctors appointment got rescheduled for next Thursday, so I'll get to take my glucose test then. Wonderful. Our little girl is still moving around a ton and it makes me wonder if she is a little gymnast! We love getting to see her movements and trying to guess which body part is poking out of my stomach. I'm pretty sure that we never guess the right answer, but it's always fun to try!

No comments: