Monday, December 8, 2008

Baby Shower with the Soccer Girls

Ella had her very first baby shower this past Saturday with the soccer girls that Matt has coached since last year. Our wonderful friend Cynthia hosted the shower at her house and she did a fabulous job! Matt and I always enjoy getting together with the girls outside of soccer practice and games, and this time was no exception.

This is the beautiful cake that we had. When Matt and I both saw it for the first time, we looked at each other and couldn't believe that we were actually seeing our little girl's name. It's still hard for us to believe sometimes that she will be here before long!


Here I am about to open up the gifts. We received some great things that Ella is sure to enjoy! We got some gift cards, clothes, burp cloths, diapers, baby wash, baby lotion, bathing tub, wash cloths, waterproof mattress cover, mattress pad, blanket, pacifiers, and more things that I can't even think of!

Here are most of the girls, plus Cynthia and Teresa...

And here are the other girls (plus Cody)!

Here is my cute husband sitting with the opened presents and enjoying some cake.

We really did have a fabulous time and are excited to start organizing all of Ella's goodies!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So, so fun!!! It's an overwhelming feeling when you start accumulating things for the new baby and every little bit of it makes the excitement in your heart just explode!