People say that during pregnancy, women tend forget things more often. I experienced my first episode yesterday... or at least I'm blaming it on the Pregnancy Brain myth.
It was time for lunch and I was walking out to the parking lot to get in my car. I quickly realized that it wasn't where I thought I'd parked it that morning. I looked up and down the first aisle and then moved to the next to repeat the same thing. I get to the third aisle and I was certain that I hadn't parked that far away so I turn around. Remembering the great invention of the alarm button, I press that in hopes of quickly finding my missing car. As I'm wondering around, I'm starting to freak out and notice other people who are in the parking lot as well... witnessing this whole scene. One of them happens to be my boss. He shouts something about not finding my car and that I should hit the alarm button... I'm thinking to myself, if only it would work! So I'm still wandering when I suddenly remember that I drove Matt's car to work that day and it was parked on the first row, right where I had looked for my car. Oh my word, I was so embarrassed that I had been looking for the wrong car! Hopefully Pregnancy Brain won't strike too often!
3 comments:
Maria I love you... and your story made me smile.
-Kelsey
I HATE pregnancy brain. I seemed to get even dumber with my 2nd pregnancy! All I can say is "LISTS!" LOTS AND LOTS of lists! :)
That's a great story and one you'll LOVE to share with your babies! Your belly looks great and I'm still as excited for you as the moment I found out!!!
Ruth
Post a Comment