Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Appointment #2

I just got back from my second doctors appointment and am excited to announce that everything looks great! According to my charts, I've gained 5 lbs, but have many more to gain. My OB said that she expects me to gain a total of 30 lbs. Which seems to be in reach... especially if you saw how much food I've become accustomed to eating! I still have cravings for specific foods, but nothing out of the ordinary and I'm definitely not as demanding as I was a few weeks back when all I wanted to do was eat to cover my nausea.

I got to hear our baby's heartbeat again and it was just as amazing as the first time we heard it. The nurse said that the baby's heart rate was at 160, which is perfectly healthy. In fact, the heart rate has slowed since my visit to the ER a couple of weeks ago. Then the heart rate was at 171. Now I don't think I can really use the old wive's tale to determine if our little one is a boy or girl. Speaking of which, the nurse is going to be scheduling our "official ultrasound" for 6 weeks from now. It is then when we'll find out if we are having a little girl or boy! Hopefully it'll cooperate and we'll be able to tell!

No comments: