Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Charlotte is 5 months!

Hard to believe that this little girl is almost halfway through her first year. Time is definitely flying!


At 5 months old, Charlotte loves to babble. Some days, she'll wake up from a nap and just roll around in her crib and talk to herself until I come get her. She can make sounds like "mama" and "dada" although it's clear that they are nothing more than sounds to her at the moment. She "says" lots of other sounds too, but I'm most proud of those! We've heard her say a sound like "Ella" a couple of times and Mattie is currently trying to get her to say "sister." 

Charlotte is very interested in food, but has only tried cereal so far. I'm very inconsistent with giving it to her though. I'm leaning towards trying the baby led feeding this time around instead of going the "baby food" route. But before then, she needs to learn how to sit up by herself. She's really close!

She is wearing size 6 months clothes (but will quickly be needing something with a bit more room), and size 2 diapers. 

Her smile is as contagious as ever and does a great job of going with the flow. She still doesn't have a consistent schedule, but I'm learning that is just fine. If only she'd have a consistent night time routine and sleep through the night, then everything would wonderful!

Charlotte is still a roly poly and loves playing on the floor and in her bouncer. She can scoot her self backwards, and maneuver herself anywhere that she wants to be. I have a feeling that she'll be trying to crawl before we know it!

We love you baby Charlotte!

No comments: