Monday, June 30, 2014

Ella's New Look

Back in February at Ella's 5 year well child check up, her pediatrician did a little eye exam and said that we needed to get her eyes checked by an eye doctor due to some concern that he had. I've been putting it off and finally decided that I should take her in to see Dr. Wright before our move. 

Last week, we spent a whopping 2 hours testing her eyes. She did a great job and even let him dilate her eyes without complaint! I am so proud of her!! I was a bit concerned with her eyes because of a few things that she had said in the last few months about not being able to see, but I've never been overly concerned. Well, I'm glad I took her in because she actually needs glasses!

Her eyesight isn't terrible, but she tested as farsighted and has astigmatism. The doctor felt it best to go ahead and get her in glasses now since she is starting Kindergarten this fall. He said that by the time she's 12 or 13, she might not need them anymore, but until then, she needs to wear them as much as possible. 

We picked them up this morning and she is very proud of them... but I can tell they'll take some getting used to. She is already asking when she can take them off. :( Ella has said that it's easier to see when she watches TV and that things look bigger with them on. So, I guess that means they are working? Ha!


No comments: