Monday, October 28, 2013

Welp, we're having another baby!

Here we go again!

{Pregnancy Announcement Photo by Mandy Stansberry}


A few looks at this pregnancy around the 6 week mark.

Just a couple days shy of 6 wks, I was starving at 9:30 pm. Of course, we had no "good" food in the house. I was torn between, a hearty soup, chicken pot pie, a pot roast spud, chips and queso, and chocolate chip cookies. Ha! Bless Matt for fulfilling my need and getting the chicken pot pie and cookies.

At 6 wks, 1 day, I enjoyed a nice bowl of spaghetti and meatballs... at 9:15 in the morning.

I don't have a total food aversion yet... I just don't like having to fix the food. Especially meat. Although, one of the things that I've found myself craving the most is meat. So strange.

I've had a large chocolate shake in the freezer for a week now... and won't touch it. It's not like me to leave chocolate ice cream alone for that long!

The thought of wearing anything except for sweats or yoga pants makes me want to hurl.

It's been hard to keep my house clean and picked up to my normal standards because all I want to do is curl up on the sofa and watch a movie with my girls (yet again). We've been watching lots of movies lately. 

I've been asleep every night by 9 pm. It's been delightful. And on days that Mattie does not go to Sonshine School, I get to capitalize on nap time & quiet time and have been able to catch at least an hour nap myself. With all this extra sleep, I still somehow find myself utterly exhausted.

Around the 8 week mark.

I'm already having cravings like a fool. Qdoba and Chipotle have been enjoyed 4x in the last week. And one night, Matt thankfully went to Applebees for some boneless buffalo wings at 11 pm. I thought I was going to die if I didn't get them.

I bought 12 cans of soup in one shopping trip. All of them are for me.

I'm still exhausted and realize that I hate our mattress. I wake up every morning with my back aching.

Maternity clothes are starting to sound enticing. But for the moment, I've been living in yoga pants and tshirts.

By the end of the day, I'm so bloated that I look 6 months pregnant. Not hiding this belly for long, I'm afraid.

Around the 10 week mark.

My doctor is awesome and let me come in at 10 weeks (instead of waiting to 12) to make sure that everything is going well with the little one. I'm happy to report that everything looks great. It's growing as it should be and has a strong heartbeat. Yay! What a sigh of relief from this momma.

{10 weeks}

My cravings aren't as strong lately, but my nausea has been going full force. Some days aren't so bad. Some days are awful. I went to the grocery store yesterday and had to try so hard to not run to the bathroom because just being around the food made my want to hurl.

Poor Matt has been doing so much around here. Very blessed that he doesn't complain about it, but I feel so guilty when I'm laying on the sofa and he's cleaning the kitchen, doing dishes, engaging the girls, doing laundry. Sigh. Hopefully only a couple more weeks like this and then I can be a bit more productive again.

Around the 12 week mark.

I'll be 12 weeks this week, yay! Over the last week my nausea has definitely improved big time. It still comes around a bit, but it isn't constant anymore. The problem with this is that I then allow myself to do a lot of stuff... which isn't a good idea. Mostly because my energy level isn't back up yet and I end up getting ridiculously tired. Last night I was in bed before my girls got in the bathtub, and asleep before Matt got them tucked in. Bless him.

Since I've been pregnant I haven't wanted coffee at all. :( I would have a cup every morning.... so good! Until the thought of it sounded disgusting. Hopefully one day, I'll enjoy it again. Until then, I've discovered my love of apple cider. So good.

This pregnancy is different in the fact that I've actually been eating a lot more fruit. Maybe it's because my doctor told me to lay off the sodium, but I've been snacking on raspberries and blackberries like nobody's business. I'll eat an entire clamshell container in one sitting. Thankful that Sprouts had a great sale last week on blackberries (4/$5). I'll probably be going back to stock up on a few more. :)

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Congrats!! Maybe the different cravings mean a boy this time... I hear you crave saltier things/meats with a boy. I always craved beef jerky.