Prior to the holidays life was different. We thought we knew what the new year had in store for our family. Or at least, we had it all planned out. We were just days away from signing a contract to do an attic renovation that would add about 1,000 sq ft to our home. We envisioned the new year to have me staying home full time at the end of the school year with our girls and we were hopeful that we'd grow our family by one more before the end of 2013. The new year also meant paying off our lovely swagger wagon (the minivan) and my student loans. It looked like a year full of activity for our family.
God has different plans than we do.
Two weeks before Thanksgiving, Matt lost his job. It was out of the blue and unexpected. I know I was in shock when I got the phone call. And some days it still feels surreal. In that instant, everything that we had planned for 2013 came to a screeching halt. My emotions have been a roller coaster the last couple of months. From anger to sadness to confusion to unable to feel anything. What a way to celebrate Christmas, huh?
Even though our year ended on a sour note, I can truly say that I am blessed by God.
He has graciously brought Matt into my life. Matt is on to a new chapter in his life and I couldn't be more excited for him. He has officially finished his first week at his new office and there is a spark to him that he didn't have before. The guy he is working with is a great Christian example and challenges Matt's faith daily. I love to see how passionate Matt talks about his new adventure. I know that God has Matt exactly where he needs to be.
2013 might not look how we envisioned, but I am more excited about it than ever.
I'm still planning to stay home at the end of the school year. Before all of the above happened, I was planning to start work on my own personal business. I get thrills from organizing and figured why not share my love with others. Apparently, other people don't see the joy in it that I do. (I confess...I send my sister more pictures of my pantry than my own children... oops!) Anyways, that goal is still in motion. But our house is now for sale and we're thinking that we may get into a rental home next. No paying off my van or loans, and no babies in our immediate future... unless God really finds it necessary for me to lose my mind. :)
With that said, I'm on "save every penny" mode and plan to start making my own laundry detergent within the next few weeks. Woo! The uncertainties of this year weigh heavy on me at times, but I'm trying to embrace every moment. God's fingerprints are all over our situation and it brings a calm over me. It's always funny to me when I can look back and I can clearly see God's work. He's amazing and I pray that I don't let a single day go by that I forget that.
No comments:
Post a Comment