My little monkey turned 18 months a few weeks ago.
I can hardly believe that she isn't a baby anymore.
She tries to be such a big girl and wants to do what we're doing. Whether it be talking on the phone, doing the laundry, unloading the dishwasher, etc, she wants in on the action. Just this week, she was wrestling with her sister and it felt odd that we didn't have to continually say, "Be careful girls!" She can definitely handle her own and loves to play around with Ella.
Her vocabulary still has lots of grunts and groans, but if we listen carefully we can tell what she really is saying. We finally figured out that she says "awe-wa" for water and we're pretty certain that her only sentence right now is "i want that." She's good at taking us by the hand to show us what she's wanting, and I'm constantly reminding her to "use your words." She just grins and I can tell she's thinking "nah..."
I just moved her up to size 5 diapers. Big girl.
And on our homemade ruler, she measures 33 inches tall. (That's 1.25 inches taller than Ella at this age!) I forgot to schedule her well check appointment, so we'll get more measurements late this month.
She continues to be very friendly and loves saying "hi" to everybody.
Mattie has also walked into her Sonshine School class by herself with no tears two times now! Huge accomplishment for this little Momma's girl. In fact, she doesn't like to share me with anybody. If Ella's on my lap, she gets upset and tries to push Ella off. She wants me all to herself.
Oh, and she's very intrigued with babies lately. If she sees one, she expects that she can hold it. After church on Sunday, she saw sweet Baby Cole and kept motioning to hold him. She plopped herself down on the floor and then held her arms out wide and said, "babyyyy." Dear Amy lowered Cole down to let Mattie help hold him and she was beaming from ear to ear. (Thanks Amy!)
We love Mattie to pieces and have so much fun with her!


1 comment:
I love that Mattie always tells me hi. And keeps saying it until I say hi back. Love her!!
Post a Comment