Monday, November 19, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Help

First of all, I'm so excited that the Christmas season is ALMOST here!

I can't wait until Thanksgiving night to pull out our tree and all the miscellaneous holiday decor that will get splattered all over our house. Christmas music will be blasting nonstop until New Years and I have several fun activities in mind for the girls. Oooh.... so excited!

But yes, I'm waiting until Thanksgiving is over. Even though it is soooo hard!

Anyways.... last year we welcomed Pickle the Elf into our home.
(I'm not sure why Ella named it that, but it's kind of charming... in a little kid sort of way.)


We read the book and watched the movie a bajillion times. Every day, he showed up in a different spot of our home and was always up out of the kiddos reach. (Because he supposedly loses his magic if he is touched, right?) Thanks to Pinterest, I see tons of cute and ornery ideas for our Elf, but most of them involve him being very (and I mean VERY) accessible to the kids (in a sink filled with marshmellows, riding with Barbie in her convertible, etc). 

My question is, if you have an Elf on the Shelf, what are your rules for him? Are your kids allowed to touch and play with him? Or is he strictly off limits?Any and all thoughts and ideas are welcomed
.... so please comment! 

Pickle will be joining our home in just a few short days and I need a game plan pronto. Okay, thanks!

No comments: