Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I promise we feed our children

Last Thursday we celebrated my birthday.
Of course I had to have a birthday cake, so that afternoon, Ella & I got to work in the kitchen. Fast forward to Friday morning when Ella crawls in bed with us. We're cuddling and giggling and then she tells me, "Your cake is in my bed."

Excuse me?

She was telling the truth. She carried my birthday cake (and it's carrier) to her bed in the middle of the night. Oh, I can't forget to mention that she got 2 plastic kid knives from the silverware drawer too. Those were obviously so she could scrape all the icing from the cake to eat by itself. She definitely is a thinker!

We of course had "a talk" and explained that food does not leave the kitchen. I thought she grasped that concept, so we went on about our day. Then fast forward to Saturday night. She took the cake to her room again in the middle of the night.

I wish I could blame this on sleep walking...

I was too busy and too tired to dispose of the cake on Sunday, so I finally stuck in on top of our fridge for the night. The funny thing is, she woke up on Monday morning and was so proud of herself, "I didn't take your cake to my room last night."

Thank goodness for that!

First was the milk.
Then the donuts.
Then the birthday cake. (x2)
I'm a bit nervous to discover what I might find in there next. 



No comments: