Thursday, April 12, 2012

Surgery Recap

Mattie's surgery is over and is soundly asleep.

This morning, Matt took her to the appointment and I stayed home with Ella. Waking up both kids before 5 AM was not our idea of fun, so we did what all logical parents do.... played rock, paper, scissors to determine who'd be the lucky one getting up early.

Not really. Matt kindly volunteered for the job.

Surgery went great. The eardrum that had ruptured has healed nicely. And her ENT said that there was a ton of fluid behind her ears. From how Matt explained it to me, I don't think the dr was expecting it to be nearly that much. The fluid was still infected (even though she had been on antibiotics since Friday morning) and we have been warned to see lots of drainage & blood.

Delightful.

When Matt got to see her in recovery they had a cotton ball in her ear to catch the yucky stuff. By the time he got there, it was already soaking wet.

We are so thankful that everything has gone well and that she finally has her tubes! I wish I could've convinced her pediatrician several months ago to just let her get them.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad all went well. Hopefully no more issues!

Chellie said...

So glad it went well.